In today’s era, everyone wants their height to be long. A good height can not only enhance the personality of anyone; along with it, it is also necessary to have a little height for army and police jobs. For most people, their height is tied to their confidence. Due to their small height, many people become too self-conscious, which leads to their self-confidence decreasing. It is not that your height matters to achieving anything in life. Most of the celebrities in the world have an average height. But still, many people want their height to be tall.
Before knowing how to increase height, it is necessary to know how height increases and what factors affect it.
Factors that affect our height
1. By the way, the height of every human being is genetically determined, i.e., the height of our parents affects our height. Research has found that if one’s parents are short, then their children are more likely to have short stature. But if someone’s mother’s height is small but their father’s is big, then their children’s height turns out to be tall.
2. The thing that contributes the most to increasing the height of any human being is human growth hormone. It is a kind of chemical that is released from a part of our brain called the pituitary gland, which increases our height. This chemical is most commonly released between the ages of 10 and 18 years.
3. Apart from this, there are many other things that affect your height, the main ones of which are smoking during pregnancy, low birth weight, poor health during childhood, poor nutrition, and lack of physical activity.
How to increase your height
1. Proper Nutrition
- CALCIUM (Calcium): It’s crucial for our bodies that we consume a suitable amount of calcium. Calcium not only strengthens our bones but also increases our height.
Calcium sources—milk, cheese, curd
- Vitamin D (Vitamin D)—Vitamin D is one such vitamin that is essential for growing taller.It helps our bones grow.
Sources of Vitamin D: Fish, Lentils, Eggs, Soya Beans, Mushrooms, and Almonds
- Proteins are made from amino acids, due to which more growth hormone is released from our brain and our height increases.
Sources of protein include: fish, milk, beans, meat, cheese, peanuts, pulses, and chicken.
With yoga, you can increase your height naturally. Yoga gives a new color to your growth, along with relieving you of stress. Yoga is the most beneficial of all the methods to increase height.
3. Avoid using Growth Inhibitors.
All those things come in growth inhibitors which hinder our physical development. Regular alcohol consumption, i.e., alcohol and smoking, is the main thing that prevents our height from growing. Smoking increases the amount of carbon monoxide in our blood, due to which our body does not get the right amount of nutrition.
4. Regular exercise is
If you have any kind of problem with doing yoga, then exercise is the best option for you. Exercise stimulates the height-enhancing part of your brain, i.e., the pituitary gland, which helps in increasing your height. As an exercise, you can do daily running, swimming, biking, skiing, or jumping. It does not allow your growth plates to stop and helps in increasing height even after the age of 18 years. Its importance increases further at the age of 10 to 18 years.
5. Get Enough Rest
Puberty means a time in which the greatest development of a person takes place. At this time, our height and weight increase the most. The period of puberty in boys lasts from the age of 10 to 17 years, whereas in girls it lasts from the age of 9 to 14 years. At the same time, our sleeping and waking habits change. Research suggests that at this age, if children wake up late or sleep less, their physical development is slower than others.
6. Drink Water
Drinking enough water is very important for good physical development. This improves your metabolism and aids digestion. Children must drink at least 8 glasses, and adults must drink 13–15 glasses of water.
7. Stay away from supplements and pills.
There are many such medicines on the market which claim to increase your height in just 3–4 months. But these medicines have more disadvantages than benefits. Never take a medication without your doctor’s approval. If the height does not increase naturally, then you can get treatment in an Ayurvedic way, which is beneficial in many ways.
Apart from this, there are some small but big things which we ignore, but by adopting them, you can increase your stature, such as sitting and walking in the right way and trying not to sit or walk by bending over. Try to keep your waist straight while walking and sitting.
You can ask your questions by commenting, and if you liked this article, then please share it.